1/1 Photo of Baked Barbecued Glazed Meatballs
1 hr 5 mins
You could just cook the meatballs in the sauce although you will experience grease in the sauce, it is better to pre-cook them first --- please adjust the amount of brown sugar, you might want to start with only 1/2 cup and add in more to taste --- this is *very* good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke seasoning
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional or to taste)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3For the meatballs; in a bowl mix all ingredients together until well blended (add in more breadcrumbs or oats if the mixture is too soft).
- 4Shape into about 1-1/2-inch balls.
- 5Place meatballs into baking pan.
- 6Bake meatballs for about 20 minutes, then drain all fat from pan.
- 7For the sauce; in a bowl combine ketchup, garlic, brown sugar, chopped onion and liquid smoke; mix to combine.
- 8Pour sauce over meatballs then toss to coat meatballs with sauce.
- 9Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Barbecued Glazed Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.8
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 56.7 mg
- Sodium 627.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 30.9 g
- Protein 19.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: