Recipe by chia
this recipe is from a diabetic cookbook and is easy to make. it tastes great with ice cream too!
Top Review by PanNan
I really liked the taste of the sauce with the bananas, and the pecans added a nice touch. The sauce didn't thicken much for me, but it tasted great. I'd never had a baked banana dessert before, so I didn't know what to expect. My picky family was put off by the appearance (grayish brown) and texture (soft) of baked bananas and wouldn't eat them, although they liked the sauce. However, I believe that's how they are supposed to be, and a more sophisticated taster/tester will appreciate this recipe. Thanks for posting it Chia.
- 5 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 3 tablespoons plum jam
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 4 bananas, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 400.
- in a small pan combine orange juice, rum, plum jam, butter, lemon juice and nutmeg bring to boil, remove from heat.
- place bananas in a baking dish, flat side down.
- pour mixture over bananas, sprinkle with pecans.
- bake 10-15 minutes until sauce is thickened.