Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is nice when you have extra bananas but don't want to go down banana pudding lane again. Prepares quick, all in 20-25 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (real maple syrup preferred)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 bananas, halved lengthwise,and crosswise
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter a 9x9x2-inch square baking pan, and place in the oven to melt; remove.
- Stir the maple syrup, brown sugar, lime juice, and allspice into the pan, mixing well.
- Place the bananas on top of this, cut side up, and sprinkle with coconut.
- Bate at 375 for 12 minutes, turning bananas over after 6 minutes and basting them with maple sauce.
- To serve, place bananas in a bowl, top with some ice cream, and spoon some maple sauce over the top.
ZWT4: Delicious and comforting dessert! Thank you for sharing it!
This was delicious. The lime juice cut the sweetness a bit and the bananas were soft but not mushy. Served with good vanilla ice cream, it was a gourmet dessert.