Recipe by Oolala
From Spice of Life cookbook. Submitted by Marie Grimsley. Mmmm, has butter, dry vermouth, honey, lemon juice, cinnamon and served over vanilla ice cream. May prepare in advance,up until baking, and then bake before serving.
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 large bananas, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup dry white vermouth
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Smear 2 tablespoons butter in a baking dish large enough to hold bananas sliced in l layer.
- Pour on Vermouth, honey and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon. Dot with remaining butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for 15 minutes; basting every 5 minutes with juice.
- Serve over vanilla ice cream.