Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A really nice elegant way to finish off a good meal. Easily doubled. Well received by all who have tried it.
- 2 small bananas, peeled and sliced thin crosswise
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped fine (not unsweetened)
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Divide half the bananas into two 1 cup ramekins.
- Sprinkle half the chocolate over each.
- Divide other half of banana and chocolate on top.
- Stir together cream and vanilla.
- Pour over mixture.
- Bake in middle of oven@ 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
I made this for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game (Feb '08 - Jan '09). I really liked this. It was very rich. You can only eat one. I know because I tried to eat my daughters after I finished mine. I would serve this to company in a heart beat. My husband and daughter didn't care for this as much. They are used to semi-sweet and milk chocolate. My son, the pickiest person in the family, loved the chocolate and he's never had bittersweet. Thanks for sharing a very easy but yet elegant dessert.
Bananas and chocolate are two of my favorite foods so this recipe was a winner from the start! Thanks so much for posting!