Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
When, as a diabetic, your sugar supply is removed from life, you start mourning. I turned to fruit to ease my aching sweet tooth. This is one of the recipes I used to treat myself to something that is rich and a bit more sweet than I really should eat. But it's SOOO good!
- 2 medium firm bananas
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut each banana in half lengthwise and place cut side down in a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Brush with the butter.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Combine the orange juice, brown sugar, and orange peel and pour over bananas.
- Bake 10 minutes longer.
- Serve with ice cream for a special treat!