Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got my copy of this recipe from WETM Tv through Chef Fred. We were at a Health Expo and Chef Fred served this dish. My niece and I loved this recipe so much I made it the next morning for part of our big breakfast. This makes a great breakfast or bunch. This is a great dish to serve guest. I've topped this with canned whipped cream and cool whip.
- 6 bananas, peeled & sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- butter, sliced into small pieces
- whipped cream, for topping
- Place the bananas in a buttered dish.
- Sprinkle with blueberries and chopped pecans, then brown sugar.
- Pour the orange juice and brandy over top.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot, topped with whipped cream.
Very good, had a bunch of bananas going bad, and a bunch of fresh blueberries, served it with french toast and everyone loved it.
This was really yummy. I didn't use the full amount of sugar and used very little butter trying to make it healthier. But it still hit the spot. We topped it with cool whip.
Internetnut, This is wonderful! A definite keeper!!!! I love bananas and blueberries. What a lovely combination!! Love, Becky