Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This warm, sweet and tangy treat is wonderful when spooned over vanilla ice cream, or serve it on it's own, topped with a dollop of home made whipped cream.
- Peel bananas, then cut in half length-wise.
- Butter bottom of baking dish, and add single layer of bananas, cutting bananas in half if necessary.
- Pour orange juice over bananas, adding enough to cover bananas half way up.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Optional: try using rum instead of orange juice, or use some of both.
Just divine! Made exactly as stated and served over vanilla ice cream for my weekly non-atkins treat. DH and I look forward to trying this with rum when the kids aren't around. Thanks for posting!
I made this with both rum first and then with orange juice. Both ways, it was simple delicious! Florida has the best oranges I've ever eaten! When served with vanilla ice cream, this is a marriage in food heaven! Very very good recipe for a dessert.
I was unsure about this but I was pleasantly surprised! A great easy treat! We ate them plain but I can't wait to try with ice cream! I think they're best when still warm.