Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe I found on-line for South Africa recipes. Posted for ZWT.
- 4 large bananas, unpeeled with ends cut off
- 4 teaspoons melted butter
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- On a cookie sheet or shallow baking pan:
- Place 4 large BANANAS, unpeeled with ends cut off.
- Bake at 425F for 15 minutes or until skin bursts and turns black.
- Turn bananas over and bake on the other side for 5 minutes.
- Peel the skins and cut the bananas in two.
- Pour 1 teaspoons MELTED BUTTER over each banana.
- Sprinkle with: 1 teaspoons BROWN SUGAR and
- 1 teaspoons LEMON JUICE.
- Arrange carefully on a small platter.
This definitely was a quick and easy dessert, but I guess I was expecting to enjoy the combination of banana, butter and brown sugar more. I think this would probably be better as a topping to ice cream or a plain cake than it is on its own.
Wonderful recipe for bananas. I used a "too ripe" banana. So I'm not posting a photo. Will make again. Made for 123 Hits.
ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL !! So easy to prepare, and loved the brown sugar coating. Made for 1-2-3 hit Wonders.