Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy, quick and delicious, this recipe comes from the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 6 firm bananas
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (no substitutions)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh is best
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove skins from bananas, cut in halves lengthwise and place in a shallow pan.
- Mix butter, lemon juice and sugar together; cover bananas.
- Bake for ten minutes and serve hot.
Easy and tasty I will make this again. This time I served it with a very rich cheesecake. Next time I will try it with a bit less lemon juice and perhaps with soft brown sugar instead. Thanks for the recipe!