Recipe by cookiedog
This recipe is from the McCaffrey House Inn which is nestled in a small town next to our family cabin. This can be served for breakfast on a cold blustery day. Edit: I have reduced the orange juice to 1 cup (previously was 1 1/2 cups).
- 6 bananas (ripe but firm, sliced)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, chilled
- whipped cream or ice cream, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Divide banana slices among 6 greased 1-cup ramekins or custard cups.
- Combine orange juice and vanilla; pour over bananas.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, nutmeg and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles small peas; spoon evenly over bananas.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.