Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another banana recipe from yours truely! Found this on the BBC food website from Ready Steady Cook. Not yet tried but am posting it here for safe keeping.
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of, only
- lime wedge (to serve)
- Peel and chop the banana.
- Place banana, butter and sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat and cook for 2-3 minutes until sugar and butter have caramelised.
- Add the lime juice and remove from the heat.
- Pour the bananas into a dish and garnish with lime wedge.
amazing recipe! we used this is a topping for vanilla bean ice cream and now can't go back to having ice cream without it! We give it 4 stars because the amount of sugar and butter was a bit too much--either use five bananas with this recipe, or cut the sugar and butter into (at least) half
I topped strawberry yogurt with this - excellent, I will be making it again!
Sublime! I halved the butter, and added a TBSP each of tequila and dark rum to this and served it over low fat vanilla ice cream. You could add macadamias and toasted coconut as well, if you really want to break the bank! Sooo delicious!