Recipe by Sharon123
I got this out of Bon Appetit magazine and it is just fabulous!They got it from Peaks Resort and Spa, in Telluride, Colorado. Cook it for a treat. My kids liked it too! Who knew?
Top Review by Mysterygirl
This has to be the best recipe that I've tried all week and I've tried a lot of good ones. It makes four servings and I got four raves on it. Thanks for posting this one. I'll not only be making this again, I'll be passing it on to others. Wonderful taste. I wonder though, I love PB & Banana sandwiches, how about some peanut butter on one slice?! May have to try that next time. Thanks again. REALLY glad I tagged you in Zaar Tag.
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled, each cut into 4 pieces
- 8 thin slices light mixed grain bread
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- powdered sugar
- 8 large strawberries
- pure maple syrup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place 4 pieces of banana on each of 4 bread slices; mash banana on bread.
- Top with remaining 4 bread slices.
- Whisk milk, eggs, vanilla extract and cinnamon in glass pie dish.
- Working in batches, dip bread in egg mixture; let soak 45 seconds on each side.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with vegetable oil spray.
- Heat over medium heat.
- Working in batches, add French toast to skillet and cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to baking sheet; bake 8 minutes Put on plates.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Garnish with strawberries.
- Serve with maple syrup, if desired.