1/4 Photos of Baked Banana Stuffed French Toast
I got this out of Bon Appetit magazine and it is just fabulous!They got it from Peaks Resort and Spa, in Telluride, Colorado. Cook it for a treat. My kids liked it too! Who knew?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Place 4 pieces of banana on each of 4 bread slices; mash banana on bread.
- 3Top with remaining 4 bread slices.
- 4Whisk milk, eggs, vanilla extract and cinnamon in glass pie dish.
- 5Working in batches, dip bread in egg mixture; let soak 45 seconds on each side.
- 6Spray large nonstick skillet with vegetable oil spray.
- 7Heat over medium heat.
- 8Working in batches, add French toast to skillet and cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side.
- 9Transfer to baking sheet; bake 8 minutes Put on plates.
- 10Dust with powdered sugar.
- 11Garnish with strawberries.
- 12Serve with maple syrup, if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Banana Stuffed French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.8
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 93.6 mg
- Sodium 50.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed grain bread