Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this out of Bon Appetit magazine and it is just fabulous!They got it from Peaks Resort and Spa, in Telluride, Colorado. Cook it for a treat. My kids liked it too! Who knew?
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place 4 pieces of banana on each of 4 bread slices; mash banana on bread.
- Top with remaining 4 bread slices.
- Whisk milk, eggs, vanilla extract and cinnamon in glass pie dish.
- Working in batches, dip bread in egg mixture; let soak 45 seconds on each side.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with vegetable oil spray.
- Heat over medium heat.
- Working in batches, add French toast to skillet and cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to baking sheet; bake 8 minutes Put on plates.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Garnish with strawberries.
- Serve with maple syrup, if desired.
This has to be the best recipe that I've tried all week and I've tried a lot of good ones. It makes four servings and I got four raves on it. Thanks for posting this one. I'll not only be making this again, I'll be passing it on to others. Wonderful taste. I wonder though, I love PB & Banana sandwiches, how about some peanut butter on one slice?! May have to try that next time. Thanks again. REALLY glad I tagged you in Zaar Tag.
Anyone who loves bananas, as well as French toast must try this. These were quick and easy to make. I was able to throw them together and pack DH's lunch while they were in the oven. The mushed banana results in a banana custard-like stuffing inside the French toast. DD#3 and DH both grabbed their's up from their plates expecting to eat them like sandwiches and I had to yell...'NO, NO, NO...' to stop them, 'you pour maple syrup over them and eat them like French toast!' more calmly... ;-) I served them with a strawberry on the side as directed and a dish of my homemade strawberry yogurt to go with them. Thank you for a delightful recipe Sharon!!!
Absolutely heaven! Sharon, you are a gem to post this recipe! I've had something like this on my mind for a few years since having it for breakfast while on vacation in Arizona. One thing I added was to smear fat-free cream cheese on both insides of the bread before mashing the bananas. I also left out the strawberries and tossed chopped pecans over the powdered sugar top. Next time, I'll try just slicing the bananas for a different texture. Soooo good and fairly healthy too! Thanks again!