Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This banana pie is an African recipe that is similar to impossible pie.
- 4 eggs
- 236.59 ml evaporated milk
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 158.51 ml flour
- 1.23 ml nutmeg, grated
- 1.23 ml cream of tartar
- 1.23 ml vanilla
- 0.25 ml salt
- 395.10 ml ripe bananas, mashed
- .Beat eggs, sugar, milk, flour, cream of tartar, nutmeg, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Stir in bananas. Blend well and pour into a buttered 9-inch glass pie dish.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and bake in a 350° oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until.
- inserted knife comes out clean.
- Pie may be served chilled with whipped topping or at room temperature.
So so good! Like a creamy, dense banana bread with less effort. I did i use a pie crust-store bought, and it came out wonderfully.
This recipe made a delicious, moist, somewhat dense pie. The texture reminds me of the cassava cake that Filipino coworkers sometimes bring to parties. Made for ZWT7