- 4 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 2⁄3 cups ripe bananas, mashed
- .Beat eggs, sugar, milk, flour, cream of tartar, nutmeg, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Stir in bananas. Blend well and pour into a buttered 9-inch glass pie dish.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and bake in a 350° oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until.
- inserted knife comes out clean.
- Pie may be served chilled with whipped topping or at room temperature.