1/12 Photos of Baked Banana-Orange French Toast
France meets French Polynesia! Exotic coconut, banana and cinnamon island flavors complement the rich creamy, buttery, orange staples of the French countryside. This is an easy breakfast or brunch meal since it's all made the day before (the 12 hours passive cooking time is when it sits in the refrigerator overnight). Serve it directly from the baking dish...no syrup or butter needed!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 slices Texas toast thick bread or 1 French baguette, sliced in 1-inch thick pieces
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons orange zest (the amount from one orange)
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 bananas, sliced (ripe)
- 1 g nonstick cooking spray
- 1Whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, orange zest and Grand Marnier in a bowl.
- 2Combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a sauce pan and cook over medium heat, stirring until it becomes a smooth sauce; mix in bananas.
- 3Spray one 9"x13" pan plus one 8"x8" pan with light cooking spray and line the pans with sliced bread; pour the egg mixture over the top, then the banana mixture.
- 4Chill covered overnight and then, the next morning, bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Banana-Orange French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.3
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 168.1 mg
- Sodium 358.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 32.9 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: