Recipe by Engrossed
From: "The Art of South American Cookery" by Myra Waldo, 1961ed. Posted for Zaar World Tour 4.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 6 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a skillet; saute the bananas for 5 minutes, shaking the pan frequently. Set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks, salt, and cream until light.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry; fold into yolk mixture.
- Butter a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with the remaining butter; turn the mixture into it.
- Arrange the sauteed bananas on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Quickly sprinkle the sugar on top and bake 5 minutes longer, or until set.
- Serve immediately.