Recipe by Barb G.
Love balsamic vinegar, hope you enjoy this chicken. Note; I have found that it's better with boneless, skinless chicken breast or boneless, skinless thighs. Baking time may be less due to size.
Top Review by Amy in Washington
This was very easy and everyone loved it so it's definitely a keeper. I used boneless, skinless breasts and reduced the oven temp to 325 as another reviewer suggested. I mixed the vinegar and oil together and poured over the chicken, which I seasoned with s&p and an Italian herb mix. Cooking time was about 40 minutes.
- 4 chicken breast halves, bone in
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Arrange the chicken bone side down in a 9-by-13 inch glass or ceramic baking dish.
- pour the vinegar over them and sprinkle evenly with the oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bake the chicken 20 minutes and baste with the vinegar juices.
- Bake 20 minutes more (depending the size of breast) or until juices run clear.
- Serve chicken with juices spooned over them.