Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serves 100; allow 3 slices per serving. Reduce bacon by 6 lbs. for 2 slices per person. I used bacon I got over the meat counter in the store, so it was thicker. There were 12 slices per pound, so ask your butcher to weigh a pound and then count the slices. That way you'll have the correct amount. The bread is only here because I need more then one ingredient to post this. I like to fix ours this way when we have BLT's. Then all the bacon is still warm when we sit down to eat.
- 18 lbs thick sliced bacon
- 1 teaspoon oil (optional)
- Oil not needed, only for a second ingredient so it would post.
- Arrange slices in rows, across pans with fat edges slightly overlapping lean edges.
- Bake 375 degrees without turning 20-25 minutes (depending on thickness) until bacon is slightly crisp.
- I have been draining the grease and flipping the bacon, then back in the oven for 5 minutes or so.
- Watch closely.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- Drain or skim off excess fat at needed.
- Drain thoroughly on paper towels.
- For those with a convection oven use 325 degrees 20-25 minutes.
- The longer you bake after 20 minutes the greater the risk of producing a dry, burnt piece of bacon.
Delicious! I baked at 375° for 15 minutes in a an ordinary 13x9 baking sheet lined with foil to catch the grease.
I didn't turn the bacon or drain any grease away... the bacon was perfect after sitting on some newspaper to drain away the fat for 15 minutes.
This makes perfect bacon for a BLT sandwich.
I lined my pan with foil so cleanup was easy. The timing on this recipe was almost perfect. It was easy with no fuss. Thanks for the recipe.
Why on earth did I ever make bacon any other way????? Thank you for the method, I wish I had tried this YEARS ago. Pan frying is painful and messy, and microwaving yields awful results. Your method is the way I will cook bacon from now on, and will teach my daughters to do the same. I lined the cookie sheet with foil, clean up was a breeze. The next time I will follow the suggestions of others and put the bacon on a rack over the cookie sheet. Regardless, this was easy, and I thank you so much for posting! :)