1/9 Photos of Baked Bacon (Oven Fried Bacon)
Charlotte J's Note:
Serves 100; allow 3 slices per serving. Reduce bacon by 6 lbs. for 2 slices per person. I used bacon I got over the meat counter in the store, so it was thicker. There were 12 slices per pound, so ask your butcher to weigh a pound and then count the slices. That way you'll have the correct amount. The bread is only here because I need more then one ingredient to post this. I like to fix ours this way when we have BLT's. Then all the bacon is still warm when we sit down to eat.
My Private Note
- 1Oil not needed, only for a second ingredient so it would post.
- 2Arrange slices in rows, across pans with fat edges slightly overlapping lean edges.
- 3Bake 375 degrees without turning 20-25 minutes (depending on thickness) until bacon is slightly crisp.
- 4I have been draining the grease and flipping the bacon, then back in the oven for 5 minutes or so.
- 5Watch closely.
- 6DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- 7Drain or skim off excess fat at needed.
- 8Drain thoroughly on paper towels.
- 9For those with a convection oven use 325 degrees 20-25 minutes.
- 10The longer you bake after 20 minutes the greater the risk of producing a dry, burnt piece of bacon.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Bacon (Oven Fried Bacon)
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 100
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.9
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 680.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 9.4 g