Serves 100; allow 3 slices per serving. Reduce bacon by 6 lbs. for 2 slices per person. I used bacon I got over the meat counter in the store, so it was thicker. There were 12 slices per pound, so ask your butcher to weigh a pound and then count the slices. That way you'll have the correct amount. The bread is only here because I need more then one ingredient to post this. I like to fix ours this way when we have BLT's. Then all the bacon is still warm when we sit down to eat.
- 18 lbs thick sliced bacon
- 1 teaspoon oil (optional)
- Oil not needed, only for a second ingredient so it would post.
- Arrange slices in rows, across pans with fat edges slightly overlapping lean edges.
- Bake 375 degrees without turning 20-25 minutes (depending on thickness) until bacon is slightly crisp.
- I have been draining the grease and flipping the bacon, then back in the oven for 5 minutes or so.
- Watch closely.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- Drain or skim off excess fat at needed.
- Drain thoroughly on paper towels.
- For those with a convection oven use 325 degrees 20-25 minutes.
- The longer you bake after 20 minutes the greater the risk of producing a dry, burnt piece of bacon.