Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serves 100; allow 3 slices per serving. Reduce bacon by 6 lbs. for 2 slices per person. I used bacon I got over the meat counter in the store, so it was thicker. There were 12 slices per pound, so ask your butcher to weigh a pound and then count the slices. That way you'll have the correct amount. The bread is only here because I need more then one ingredient to post this. I like to fix ours this way when we have BLT's. Then all the bacon is still warm when we sit down to eat.
- 18 lbs thick sliced bacon
- 1 teaspoon oil (optional)
- Oil not needed, only for a second ingredient so it would post.
- Arrange slices in rows, across pans with fat edges slightly overlapping lean edges.
- Bake 375 degrees without turning 20-25 minutes (depending on thickness) until bacon is slightly crisp.
- I have been draining the grease and flipping the bacon, then back in the oven for 5 minutes or so.
- Watch closely.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- Drain or skim off excess fat at needed.
- Drain thoroughly on paper towels.
- For those with a convection oven use 325 degrees 20-25 minutes.
- The longer you bake after 20 minutes the greater the risk of producing a dry, burnt piece of bacon.
Delicious! I baked at 375° for 15 minutes in a an ordinary 13x9 baking sheet lined with foil to catch the grease.
I didn't turn the bacon or drain any grease away... the bacon was perfect after sitting on some newspaper to drain away the fat for 15 minutes.
This makes perfect bacon for a BLT sandwich.
Why on earth did I ever make bacon any other way????? Thank you for the method, I wish I had tried this YEARS ago. Pan frying is painful and messy, and microwaving yields awful results. Your method is the way I will cook bacon from now on, and will teach my daughters to do the same. I lined the cookie sheet with foil, clean up was a breeze. The next time I will follow the suggestions of others and put the bacon on a rack over the cookie sheet. Regardless, this was easy, and I thank you so much for posting! :)
I lined my pan with foil so cleanup was easy. The timing on this recipe was almost perfect. It was easy with no fuss. Thanks for the recipe.