Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Preheat oven 325°F.
- Wash and"x" bottom of the Brussels sprouts.
- Place them in boiling water, enough to cover.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until they are tender.
- Drain and reserve 1 cup of the hot liquid.
- Melt the butter in small skillet.
- Add the scallions and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook until the flour is dissolved, 3 minutes.
- Add the bacon, garlic and parsley; cook for 3 minutes more.
- Pour in the reserved water and add salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened to the consistency of heavy cream.
- Remove the bacon from the sauce.
- Place the sprouts base down in a buttered casserole and pour the sauce over them.
- Top with the grated cheese and then the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is browned.
Miller, these are excellent! I could make a meal out of this dish : ) I had to make it gluten-free for dietary reasons so I used sweet rice flour. For the bread crumbs, I used crushed Schar crackers. Thank you!
Thanks Miller for another company friendly recipe. I made this for Christmas dinner. They turned out a little drier than I anticipated but this may be due to elevation. I will try again. These are really good. Only the 2nd time I've made brussell sprouts. Thanks for the great directions!