1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven 325°F.
- 2Wash and"x" bottom of the Brussels sprouts.
- 3Place them in boiling water, enough to cover.
- 4Simmer for 10 minutes or until they are tender.
- 5Drain and reserve 1 cup of the hot liquid.
- 6Melt the butter in small skillet.
- 7Add the scallions and sauté for 3 minutes.
- 8Stir in the flour and cook until the flour is dissolved, 3 minutes.
- 9Add the bacon, garlic and parsley; cook for 3 minutes more.
- 10Pour in the reserved water and add salt and pepper.
- 11Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened to the consistency of heavy cream.
- 12Remove the bacon from the sauce.
- 13Place the sprouts base down in a buttered casserole and pour the sauce over them.
- 14Top with the grated cheese and then the breadcrumbs.
- 15Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is browned.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Bacon Cheese Sprouts
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.2
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 21.3 mg
- Sodium 133.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 5.2 g