Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Bacon acquires a crunching coat with wonderful zipped-up flavor. When I started making this more than 40 years ago, egg substitute was not readily available. Now I use that instead of egg yolk, which will work, too. The recipe came from a newspaper years ago and is yellow with age. I make this often.....for breakfast, brunch or a snack!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In shallow bowl, whisk together the egg substitute or egg yolk, Worcestershire sauce and dry mustard.
- Dip bacon slices in egg mixture, then in cracker crumbs, patting to coat each side.
- Place on rack in shallow baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until bacon is crisp and browned.