Recipe by ArtistsFoodPalette
A very simple recipe for small or baby eggplant. I made this for my uncle and his wife and they raved and raved how delicate it was. Using small eggplants makes it more tender.
- 4 eggplants
- 1 large tomatoes
- 1 stalk basil
- 1 stalk oregano
- 1 stalk sage
- 3 stalks thyme
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel skin off eggplant
- Slice lengthwise 1/4 inch strips.
- Slice up tomato 1/4 inch
- Chop up all herbs discarding stalk.
- Chop up garlic
- In a casserole dish sprinkle some olive oil.
- Place a layer of eggplant, layer of tomato and sprinkle half the herbs & garlic
- Sprinkle some olive oil, salt & pepper on top.
- Sprinkle half the bread crumbs on tops.
- Repeat another full layer of eggplant, tomato, herbs,garlic, oil, salt & pepper and breadcrumbs on top.
- Cover casserole dish and bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
- Remove cover and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
- Bake another 5 minutes.
- You can use small amounts of Italian cheese, goat cheese, or monteray cheese inbetween layers as well for variation. Ive made it many ways. All delicious.