Recipe by Golden Sunflower
What a presentation and simple, simple, simple. I was served this at a local RI restaurant and couldn't wait to go home and try it. After the brie is done baking, I place it on a platter of baby spinach that has been tossed lightly with vidalia onion dressing. While it is still hot, I spread the top of the baked brie with chutney (or you can use your favorite preserves) and serve it with sesame crackers. Cut into the brie and watch the cheese ooze - delicious! Preparation time includes thawing of frozen puff pastry sheet.
- 8 ounces brie cheese, round baby brie
- 1 puff pastry sheet, thawed for 30-40 minutes
- 1 (8 ounce) jar chutney (your choice)
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 tablespoons salad dressing (vidalia onion dressing)
- sesame cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thaw pastry dough, I like Pepperidge Farm. Flatten out seams.
- Place brie in center of dough (leave rind on) and bring up sides, fold over and keep flat. Turn brie over so that folded pieces are on the bottom.
- Place on a non-stick baking sheet and bake in middle of oven for 20 minutes or until dough is brown and puffy.
- Meanwhile, toss spinach w/dressing (you may want more or less depending on your taste).
- Place spinach on a serving platter off to one side of the dish.
- When brie is done, place on spinach, spread chutney on top of hot brie.
- Place crackers on opposite side of platter.
- Cut out a wedge and watch the cheese ooze. Spread a cracker with cheese, chutney and spinach.