Recipe by Pietro
A tasty recipe that can be varied with the use of crabmeat or prawns. Great appetiser or a special surprise for your dinner guests. Just follow the recipe and enjoy.
Top Review by lolablitz
Really tasty! I used 3/4 cup of half & half mixed with water (ran out of milk). Used less tabasco and really loved the resulting mousse. Then I cut open my avocado and it was brown :*( So I spread the mousse on toasts and topped with cheese and it was delish. Thanks for the keeper!
- 30 g butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 200 ml milk
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 teaspoon French mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 (220 g) can red salmon (drained)
- seasoning, to taste
- 3 large avocados, halved
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium size pot on low heat.
- Add flour and stir well.
- Stir in milk, white wine and seasonings and bring to a simmer.
- Add sherry, shallot, Red Salmon and add more seasonings to achieve desired taste.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the six avocado halves.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Place avocadoes on a baking tray and bake until cheese turns golden.
- Serve warm.