1/1 Photo of Baked Avocado Starter
Chef #897162's Note:
A new twist on a delicious ingredient,as well as a started-I find this a great energy packed, filling lunch. A tasty and impressive starter! Introduced to me back in the 80's and often a useful "alternative dinner vegetable dish".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice each avocado into half,and remove the stone. Scrape the flesh into a bowl leaving the half-cases intact.
- 2Mash the avocado flesh until a few lumps remain.
- 3Dice and gently fry the bacon until crispy, then add to the mixture with two thirds of the cheese, with pepper to taste.
- 4Mix well and fill the avocado cases with the cheese,avocado and bacon mixture.
- 5Place on top the remainder of the cheese thinly on top of the avocados.
- 6Thinly slice the tomatoes; place a slice on top of each avocado half, on top of the cheese.
- 7Bake in a preheated oven on gas mark 6 for 30 minutes.
- 8Serve with green salad,.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Avocado Starter
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 929.7
- Calories from Fat 735
- Total Fat 81.7 g
- Saturated Fat 27.0 g
- Cholesterol 99.0 mg
- Sodium 1367.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 28.2 g