Recipe by gailanng
A great brunch dish and remember avocados are rich in antioxidants. Tomatoes contain lycopene, an antioxidant studied for its part in fighting cancer. Garlic has “immune-enhancing allium compounds (dialyl sultides) that appear to increase the activity of immune cells that fight cancer and indirectly help break down cancer causing substances.” Adapted from Chef Eric Ripert
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, garlic, cheese, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove pit. Divide the salsa between the two avocado halves. Top with bread crumb mixture. Place on a small baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.