Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I recently won a whole case of avocados from the California Avocado Commission and went looking for recipes to use them up..... I won the contest by asking if one could cook with avocados and I found this on the Adventures in Cooking blog. Made up the sauce. Mmmmmmmm.....
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups panko breadcrumbs (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced into 1/2-in . wedges (firm-ripe medium sized)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce (add more to taste to make sauce spicier)
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped finely
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Coat avocado slices in the four, then egg, then panko. Spread on a cooling rack that has been sprayed with non-stick spray, then place on a cookie sheet. Spray the top of the wedges with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, then bake for about 20 minutes at 450, or until they are golden brown (I turned my oven up to 500 for the last 5 minutes). Cool and eat with sauce.
- Sauce: Mix all ingredients and chill in refrigerator. Dip fries in sauce, or if you want to make the platter prettier, drizzle fries with sauce and sprinkle plate with additional chopped cilantro.
I made this for the first time tonight, and I have to say that they did come out crunchy and firm like fries. But, when I was eating them I did not like them at all.