Recipe by Miss ~V~
I found this recipe on the internet. I love asparagus and this has become my favorite recipe when making it!
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Oh the farm loved this! Sincerely a wonderful taste, so good I should of made more the I did. I served this as part of a Holiday Brunch, and guests came to grab the asparagus before taking anything else! It was so pretty, and made a lovely presentation. Thanks for posting such a nice recipe, one that will remain terrific throughout the years.
- 16 large asparagus spears, tough ends removed
- 16 slices prosciutto, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small bits
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat an oven to 400°F.
- Butter a baking dish large enough to hold the asparagus.
- Bring a sauce pan 3/4 full of water to a boil.
- Add the asparagus and salt and cook until the spears are just beginning to bend when lifted by the stem, 5-7 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Wrap each asparagus spear in one slice of prosciutto and place in the baking dish.
- Dot with the butter and sprinkle with the cheese and pepper.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot directly from the dish.