Recipe by chia
From Cooking Light, this is a no fail, no work risotto.
Top Review by Mrs Joshi
The texture of this is amazingly rich and perfect. Being vegetarian I used veg stock and added a bit of crushed red pepper with the nutmeg (we like everything spicy!). I left out the spinach as we had none, but I can't wait to make this again with other veggies. Oh, and I added a clove of garlic with the onions and baked this in my corningware casserole (after starting it in a saucepan). Thanks for a great recipe that is going into my permanent files!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 4 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups asparagus, sliced into 1 inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a dutch oven heat oil over medium flame.
- Add onions, saute until softened.
- Add rice, stirring to coat well.
- Stir in spinach, salt, nutmeg, and 2 cups of stock.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 7 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 c cheese.
- Cover and bake in oven 15 minutes.
- Stir in asparagus and remaining 1/4 c cheese. add 1/2-1 cup of stock if mixture is dry.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed.