Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Cooking Light, this is a no fail, no work risotto.
Make and share this Baked Asparagus Spinach Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 4 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups asparagus, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a dutch oven heat oil over medium flame.
- Add onions, saute until softened.
- Add rice, stirring to coat well.
- Stir in spinach, salt, nutmeg, and 2 cups of stock.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 7 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 c cheese.
- Cover and bake in oven 15 minutes.
- Stir in asparagus and remaining 1/4 c cheese. add 1/2-1 cup of stock if mixture is dry.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed.
The texture of this is amazingly rich and perfect. Being vegetarian I used veg stock and added a bit of crushed red pepper with the nutmeg (we like everything spicy!). I left out the spinach as we had none, but I can't wait to make this again with other veggies. Oh, and I added a clove of garlic with the onions and baked this in my corningware casserole (after starting it in a saucepan). Thanks for a great recipe that is going into my permanent files!
Delicious!! I used a 12" iron skillet and halved the recipe. I also used 3 minced cloves of garlic as others suggested. I left out the salt because my chicken stock was pretty strong and salty already. Very easy to make, turned out exceptional and am eating the leftovers right now.
This turned out great! I made mine using vegetable stock. The only difference for me was in step 10. All the liquid was absorbed and the rice was cooked through after about 7 minutes, which was fine because the asparagus was nice and bright green, and still had a slight crunch to it! Just the way I like it.