Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
From today's local paper, The West Australian. It is recommended as a main for 4 with another side dish. The contributor thought thicker spears were better.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Snap one of the asparagus spears to find the tender point and then cut them all so they are the same length.
- Boil in salted water for 3 minutes and then drain.
- Melt the butter in a small frypan and add the spring onions and cook over a gentle heat until slightly softened - about 3 minutes.
- Add to the frypan the mustard, half the cream, half the cheese and the lemon juice, mix well together and check the seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Lay out the slices of ham and divide the mixture evenly between the 12 slices.
- Put three spears on each slice and roll up neatly.
- Place in a baking dish in a single layer and pour over the rest of the cream and scatter the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until all is hot.
Very quick and easy way to dress up asparagus. A sure-fire company pleaser. The cream sauce was a nice addition. Made for Aus/NZ Make My Recipe Tag Game.
Delicious, with a lovely presentation. I omitted the salt (personal preference) and we very much enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing!
OMG this was just wonderful. I used some very thinly sliced deli ham for this. Easy to prepare, presents well and taste great. Thanks so much Pat for sharing. Made for PRMR :)