Recipe by Preacher_in_Kitchen
Italians love asparagus like Americans do baked potatoes. They have a quatrillion ways to serve it, and even prepare versions to be served with fried eggs for breakfast. I ran into this recipe years ago when visiting northern Italy. I fell in love with it and have relished it for years. Try it and enjoy.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green asparagus or 1 1⁄2 lbs white asparagus (prefer thicker stalked)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, best parmesan cheese by far (2 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Clean the asparagus and trim off the woody ends if necessary.
- Place asparagus in a steamer (or in a pan of lightly salted water) and steam/cook for 8 minutes.
- Be sure not to over cook and make asparagus limpy.
- Place asparagus in a buttered, oven tolerant dish or pan.
- Season with pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the top and sprinkle with Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 6-7 minutes until golden brown.
- Enjoy-- mmmmmmm.