Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love risotto and needed to find one I could bake in the oven while I cooked dinner on the stove top. This is a very easy risotto that tastes great and was described as "no fail" on the Cooking Light website. To me, risotto is the ultimate comfort food that can always be served to company! And this one requires no slaving over the pot!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 4 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 3 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups diagonally sliced asparagus, in 1 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add rice and stir well, then stir in spinach, broth, salt, and nutmeg.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook 7 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
- Stir in asparagus and sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Add the additional cup of broth if needed.
- Cover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed.
I've made this several times now; it's a "keeper." Easy to make, delish, and an impressive dish that will go with just about any meat.
Wonderful!! This was extremely easy to prepare and tasted delicious. It got rave reviews and will definitely be on the menu again soon! I made it on the stove because I had chicken in the oven. I made as directed except that I added the broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until absorbed. I added the asparagus halfway through and covered the pan between stirs so it would cook through. I added the cheese at the very end. I can 't wait to make this again!