Recipe by Leilani
This baked asparagus side dish is so easy to make, yet it provides a variation to the usual vegetables. Try different varieties of olive oil, such as roasted garlic, or basil olive oil. I have also added garlic (fresh, minced in jar or garlic powder). I often use this method to cook broccoli florets with delicious results.
Top Review by SuzieQue
This is really delicious and sooo simple. I just tossed the asparagus with the olive oil and fresh lemon juice and then sprinkled on the sesame seeds. I used more sesame seeds than the recipe called for because I love them. Great combination of lemony asparagus with a little crunch. This will be a regular at our house!
Directions See How It's Made
- Break off ends of asparagus stalks.
- Put in baking pan or dish.
- Drizzle olive oil over asparagus (amount to liking).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spritz it with fresh lemon juice.
- Finally, sprinkle sesame seeds on top of asparagus.
- Bake at 375 degrees for (about 12 minutes-depending on thickness of stalk) or until fork tender.
- Serve with lemon wedges.