Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
An easy baked asparagus side dish.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place asparagus in a 9x13 inch baking dish, and cover with bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese.
- Lay thin slices of butter on top.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove cover, and bake 5 minutes more, or until browned on top.
Perfect! Just what I was looking for to serve with our fish tonight. I used unseasoned Panko crumbs. Will make this again very soon.
Even though I made one mistake -- I forgot to cover the asparagus while baking -- it still came out delicious! I used asparagus from my own garden. Thanks, Nick's Mom! Made for ZWT4.
Terrific way to fix fresh asparagus. I left out the bread crumbs to save on carbs; didn't miss them. Made for ZWT3 and yummy!