Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Put in for asian forum tag games. chinese rice wine (shaohsing) is available from Asian food shops and selected supermarkets. Substitute dry sherry if not available
- 4 (180 g) skinless chicken breast fillets, trimmed of excess fat
- 3 cm piece gingerroot, thinly sliced (or peeled with a vegetable peeler to make thin slices)
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine (shaohsing)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 400 g green beans, trimmed
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Halve each breast through the centre to make 2 thin fillets. Lay out 4 squares of foil large enough to enclose chicken, then place one thin fillet on each. Sprinkle with half the ginger and eschalot. Top with remaining fillets, then remaining ginger and eschalot. Gather in edges of foil, then pour over soy sauce, wine and sesame oil. Close parcels tightly and bake on a tray in oven for 20 minutes. Open foil and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam beans, covered, over boiling water for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Serve chicken on the beans with the juices poured over top.
This was very good, however it did take a little longer to cook than 30 minutes, I also doubled the sauce, so that it wouldn't dry out. Everyone enjoyed the ginger flavor.