Whip up this quick easy Asian Omelet that is absolutely sensational. I cannot rave enough about this omelet – it is just sublime. The first time I ate it – I literally I couldn’t pry it out, and devoured the whole thing in under 15 minutes! This omelet is so quick and easy; and baked! I come home, prepare it, throw it in the oven, go take a shower, while my snout prepares for heaven. This is fantastic cut into wedges and served with a simple Asian salad for a meal; or cut into thin wedges or cubes for a wonderful starter.
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red hot chili pepper, finely chopped (seeds and placental skin removed)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2 cups of chopped shitake mushrooms
- 4 scallions or 4 green onions, sliced
- 8 organic free range eggs
- 1 bunch cilantro or 1 bunch coriander, chopped finely
- Just preheat the oven to 160 C/325°F.
- Put the oils in a skillet, and gently saute the chilli, ginger, onions, and mushrooms for about 5 minutes, until soft and well combined.
- Beat the eggs with a hand blender, and pour the mixture over the vegetables.
- Top with the herbs, and place the pan in the oven. Or transfer the mixture to a pie dish and cook for about 20 minutes until set. YUM! YUM! YUM!