1/1 Photo of Baked Asian Omelet
The Blender Girl's Note:
Whip up this quick easy Asian Omelet that is absolutely sensational. I cannot rave enough about this omelet – it is just sublime. The first time I ate it – I literally I couldn’t pry it out, and devoured the whole thing in under 15 minutes! This omelet is so quick and easy; and baked! I come home, prepare it, throw it in the oven, go take a shower, while my snout prepares for heaven. This is fantastic cut into wedges and served with a simple Asian salad for a meal; or cut into thin wedges or cubes for a wonderful starter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red hot chili pepper, finely chopped (seeds and placental skin removed)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2 cups of chopped shitake mushrooms
- 4 scallions or 4 green onions, sliced
- 8 organic free range eggs
- 1 bunch cilantro or 1 bunch coriander, chopped finely
- 1Just preheat the oven to 160 C/325°F.
- 2Put the oils in a skillet, and gently saute the chilli, ginger, onions, and mushrooms for about 5 minutes, until soft and well combined.
- 3Beat the eggs with a hand blender, and pour the mixture over the vegetables.
- 4Top with the herbs, and place the pan in the oven. Or transfer the mixture to a pie dish and cook for about 20 minutes until set. YUM! YUM! YUM!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Asian Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.7
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 282.0 mg
- Sodium 98.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: