Just Cher's Note:
This recipe was passed on to me by a co-worker. This makes a wonderful accompliment to any appetizer platter
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, plus
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1Heat 3 tbs oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add mushrooms,celery and garlic and sautee till celery is tender.
- 3Remove from heat, stir in artichoke hearts, onion, marjoram, oregano and ground red pepper Add cheeses and eggs, mix well and set aside.
- 4Combine flour and salt in a medium bowl.
- 5Combine 1/2 cup vegetable oil and the milk in a small bowl.
- 6Add to flour mixture, stir until mixture forms a ball.
- 7Press dough in bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of 13x9x2 inch pan.
- 8Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- 9Spread artichoke mixture on baked crust.
- 10Continue baking about 20 minutes more or until center is set.
- 11Cool slightly, cut into 24 squares.
- 12Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Artichoke Squares
Serving Size: 1 (1252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.7
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 165.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 4.4 g