Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was passed on to me by a co-worker. This makes a wonderful accompliment to any appetizer platter
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil, plus
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Heat 3 tbs oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms,celery and garlic and sautee till celery is tender.
- Remove from heat, stir in artichoke hearts, onion, marjoram, oregano and ground red pepper Add cheeses and eggs, mix well and set aside.
- Combine flour and salt in a medium bowl.
- Combine 1/2 cup vegetable oil and the milk in a small bowl.
- Add to flour mixture, stir until mixture forms a ball.
- Press dough in bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Spread artichoke mixture on baked crust.
- Continue baking about 20 minutes more or until center is set.
- Cool slightly, cut into 24 squares.
- Serve warm.