Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was passed on to me by a co-worker. This makes a wonderful accompliment to any appetizer platter
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil, plus
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Heat 3 tbs oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms,celery and garlic and sautee till celery is tender.
- Remove from heat, stir in artichoke hearts, onion, marjoram, oregano and ground red pepper Add cheeses and eggs, mix well and set aside.
- Combine flour and salt in a medium bowl.
- Combine 1/2 cup vegetable oil and the milk in a small bowl.
- Add to flour mixture, stir until mixture forms a ball.
- Press dough in bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Spread artichoke mixture on baked crust.
- Continue baking about 20 minutes more or until center is set.
- Cool slightly, cut into 24 squares.
- Serve warm.
Very good appetizer and I thought a nice change from the usual artichoke dip everyone always makes. I struggled getting the amount of dough to reach 1 1/2" up all the sides of a 9X13 pan so it wasn't equal all around. The sides where the dough wasn't up high enough it still cooked great so I think next time I won't worry about the edge crust and just line the bottom with the dough. My husband and our guests actually preferred the center pieces without the side crust. Not sure why exactly but that's what my "raters" said. Thanks for sharing this will be a keeper at our house.