Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a clipping. I love artichokes, but no one else in my family does so this is a limited treat for me since I eat most of it by myself.
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 13x9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Filling: Heat oil in medium skillet.
- Add mushrooms, celery and garlic; sauté until tender.
- Remove from heat; mix in artichoke hearts, green onions, marjoram, oregano, and cayenne pepper.
- Add in cheese and eggs; mix well and set aside.
- Pastry: Mix flour and salt in medium bowl.
- Blend oil and milk in separate bowl; add to flour mixture.
- Stir with fork until mixture forms into a ball.
- Press dough in bottom and slightly up sides of 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Spread filling mixture onto crust.
- Bake 30 minutes or until set.
- Cool slightly, cut into 24 squares.
- Serve warm.
Delicious appetizer! If you love artichokes you have to try this! Resembles pizza and even wonder about putting it on a pizza stone. I appreciate that the ingredients are things that I typically have on hand. Forgot to drain my artichokes earlier in day so tried to absorb most of the wetness with paper toweling. I think you could prepare the artichoke mixture earlier in day and refrigerate. Thank you AZPARZYCH for sharing.