Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simple, flavorful appetizer. Try adding chopped spinach for a tasty variation.
- 1 can artichoke heart, drained
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil or 6 leaves fresh basil, approximately
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley (to garnish) (optional)
- 1 loaf crusty French bread
- Process artichokes, onion and garlic in the food processor until smooth (or if you like, until blended, but still have texture).
- In medium sized bowl (or if you're a little lazy like me, right in the medium sized ceramic baking dish), combine remaining ingredients except parsley and bread, reserving 1 cup of mozzarella.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over artichoke dip, and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Bake at 400º for 20 minutes, or until bubbly and beginning to brown.
- Serve with crusty french bread slices.
Very easy and very good. I did not change a thing.
This dip is my absolute favourite dip after trying it at Milestones restaurant in Victoria B.C. I added half a 250g packet of frozen spinach (ccoked). Love everything about this yummy dip!
This is a great dip. I doubled the garlic and used fresh herbs (oregano and basil) from the garden. Thanks for another great recipe.