There are many variations of this dip but this is my favorite. The mix of flavors is more complex than most artichoke dip recipes. It comes from Nordstroms Entertaining at Home Cookbook.
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 177.44 ml sour cream
- 473.18 ml parmesan cheese, 8 oz fresh grated
- 44.37 ml cider vinegar
- 29.58 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml coarse salt
- 4.92 ml pepper, freshly ground
- 2 (765.43 g) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 198.44 g can diced green chilies, drained
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Set aside 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish. Top with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes until light brown and bubbly.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Very nice artichoke dip! I loved the addition of freshly roasted red peppers and green chilis. I used a jalapeno mayonnaise in place of regular mayo, but otherwise made as directed. Very rich and flavorful. I took this to a 4th of July cookout and due to rain, the gathering was pretty slim....no matter, as this dip disappeared anyway!! Everyone raved about it! This one stays in the permanant party rotation! Thank you for sharing this fabulous dip.