Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a yummy favourite of mine to serve as part of pre-dinner munchies, or as a snack to a group of friends (it also doubles well). I found it many years ago in Out of This World CookBook II. Credit for the recipe goes to Virginia Prentice.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, well drained
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise (for best results, don't use Miracle Whip, it's too sweet)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tabasco sauce, to taste (or any hot sauce)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a 4-cup casserole dish with Pam, or lightly grease it; set aside.
- Chop drained artichokes and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and combine; put mixture into casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until hot and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
- Serve with crackers, melba toast, or your favourite dippers.
WOW!!! This is awesome!! It was so very, very, very good!! I served it with cut-up French bread and pumpernickle bread - yummm!! We popped it back in the oven after a while, to melt the cheese and warm it up a bit. I usually don't enjoy artichokes, but this is exceptional!! Try this one guys, you will not be sorry - trust me!! Thanks Lennie - another great recipe!!
A must have recipe for any party. Very rich, but excellent.
Add this to your party food list! Even Mr. Lorac, who doesn't like artichokes, was smacking his lips. I made this in the morning and reheated in the microwave about 4 mins., once every one arrived. Next time I might add a clove of pressed garlic instead of garlic salt. Another keeper from Lennie!