Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, Grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, chop coarse
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- white pepper
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, the 1/2 cup mozzarella mustard, and pepper.
- Stir in artichoke hearts, spinach leaves and onion.
- Transfer mixture to a 1 quart casserole. Cover and chill for 3 to 24 hours
- Bake at 350 for 50 to 60 minutes or till heated through.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella. Bake 5 minutes or till cheese melts.
I've been making a version of this recipe for years. I love it myself and I get so many compliments on it, even from people that wrinkle their noses on initially hearing that it has spinach and artichokes in it! I do somewhat agree with Brandyberry's review... therefore I only use 1 level tsp. of dijon mustard and I leave the cheese off of the top. For full disclosure... I love onions! I do mince the onions very finely for this recipe.
We tried this recipe tonight in the spirit of the forum discussion going on about trying recipes that hadn't yet been rated. We followed the recipe exactly. We are big spin/art dip lovers so I was a bit disappointed with how much the mustard and onions overpowered the flavor of the dip. I personally would have rated it 3 stars but my DH really liked it - I may just be partial to other recipes we've tried in the past. I also didn't like the mozarella on top - it formed a crust that broke chips when trying to dip into. I would just mix that extra 1/4c into the mixture.