1 hr 2 mins
Ocean Mist Farms posted this and I like the idea of baking rather than boiling or steaming an artichoke
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Spread the Artichoke petals open to season. Between the petals, drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with sea salt. Stuff minced fresh garlic between the petals of each Artichoke.
- 3Wrap each Artichoke in heavy-duty foil, sealing well on top by twisting and pinching foil packets.
- 4Place foil-wrapped Artichokes directly onto a pre-heated oven rack and bake.
- 5The baking time can vary depending on the size of the Artichokes. Bake Artichoke for approximately one hour for a Medium-sized Artichoke or one hour and 15 minutes for a Jumbo-sized Artichoke.
- 6Remove from the oven and let cool before unwrapping.
- 7You will know the Artichokes are cooked when a sharp knife goes through the Artichoke base with ease like a baked potato.
- 8They will store for several days in the fridge!
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Artichoke
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.1
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 120.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g