Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I had not thought about apricots for a long time, but we had an apricot dish when a group that I belong to ate at the Woodford Reserves for our Christmas celebration. Their apricots did have bourbon and were delicious and a little different than the usual casseroles. I thought I would be able to see their recipe on line, but could not find it. I did find a couple sites that talked about this southern dish. They compared the apricots and ham to cranberries and turkey. I tried it out for a brunch that I was having and found them to be very good. Even my DH who turned up his nose, but thought that he should try them really did like them.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans apricots
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 50 Ritz crackers or 50 town house crackers
- spinkle cinnamon
- Spray casserole dish with PAM.
- Lay apricots pit side up in pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the top and them sprinkle some cinnamon.
- Crush crackers and put on top.
- Melt 1 to 1 1/2 sticks butter and pour over crackers.
- Bake at 325 for 40 minutes.
Wow! Delicious! I used the new whole what Ritz crackers and a pint of home canned apricots, not as much butter. I sprinkled cinnamon and allspice. I served with maple nut ice cream! Quick and easy. I am sure that you could add some brandy or whiskey but it is great the way it was submitted. Thanks for posting.