Recipe by lets.eat
Great side dish to go with cornish game hens or other poultry. Prep/cook time does not include pre-cooking the rice.
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 cups cooked rice (not instant)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the rice, apricots, parsley and the seasonings. Transfer to a greased 1-qrt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350' for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through.