1 hr 30 mins
Source: "Let My People Eat! Passover Seders Made Simple A Complete Guide to the Passover Seder for Everyone: Jewish and Non-Jewish by Zell Schulman Macmillan USA 1998
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 whole breasts)
- 1 3/4 ounces ground soup nuts (1 box Mandlen)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 large eggs or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice (no substitutes)
- 8 ounces apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
- 1If the chicken is frozen, thaw it overnight in your refrigerator.
- 2Rinse and clean the parts with cold water and dry well with paper towels.
- 3Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- 4Cut the chicken breasts in half.
- 5Combine the soup nut crumbs, ginger, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish.
- 6Beat eggs in a small bowl with the lemon juice and pour into a pie plate.
- 7Dip each chicken part in the egg mixture, then in the crumb mixture.
- 8Arrange in a single layer in a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- 9In a 1-quart microwave-safe bowl, combine the preserves, wine, and margarine; microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- 10Or place in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 11Pour over the chicken breasts and bake for 1 hour or until the chicken is crisp.
- 12Serve with the Sweet and Sour Sauce.
- 13SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE:.
- 14This recipe begins with a 19-ounce jar of duck sauce, which comes in several flavors.
- 15Pour over the baked chicken or pass at the table.
- 16Place all the ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- 17Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- 18Remove from the heat.
- 19Refrigerate and warm before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Apricot-Ginger Chicken With Sweet and Sour Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.5
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 180.2 mg
- Sodium 954.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 47.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ground soup nuts