Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is good both hot and cold. Served cold in the summer months, you can garnish the dish with fresh fruit.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Russian salad dressing or 1 (8 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Preheat the oven to 325F degrees.
- Spray 9 X 13 baking dish with non stick spray.
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the dish.
- Combine preserves, soup mix, and salad dressing and spread them evenly over the chicken Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is cooked through, about 1 hour.
- Serve each breast on 1/2 cup of the rice and spoon a little sauce over the top.
This did not have a good flavor at all. I felt that the salad dressing overpowered the Apricot flavor. Will not be making again.
Easy to prepare. I used frozen chicken tenders. Instead of rice, I served leftover potatoes. The apricot/catalina dressing sauce was a bit sweet, so I may add more onion mix the next time...
This is a favorite with my family. I make it regularly. Sometimes I use a whole cut up chicken and sometimes I use boneless chicken breast. Either way it is delicious.