Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a quick and easy recipe that's so tasty. I've made this adding in some dried apricots also.
- 12 ounces apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the preserves, lemon juice and soy sauce in a shallow bowl.
- Divide this mixture in half; reserve half to serve with the chicken.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the preserves mixture; roll in bread crumbs.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish.
- Drizzle with melted butter and bake about 35-40 minutes, or until the chicken is done.
- Heat the remaining preserves; serve with the chicken.
I made this recipe with boneless skinless chicken leg meat and one other substitution.. I didn't use bread crumbs but used finely crushed corn flakes. That made the recipe nearly gluten free. The family loved it!
This was ok. I subbed peach preserves for apricot. I used thights and legs. I also brined the chicken in water, salt and some cider vinegar. I baked on a baking pan with air space around each piece of meat. It took 40 minutes longer than the time the recipe required. If I do it again, I will add more lemon and either turn the heat up a bit or turn the broiler on for the last 15 minutes. The butter was not needed at all and actually detracted from the other flavors.
I liked this I used panko for the breadcrumbs. I removed the skin on the breast I burnt the extra sauce but that was okay as the chicken was very moist. Thanks for posting. Made for World tour 8